The drained soul

Sometimes I want to give you a call, just to ask how you are fairing but I remember the countless times you hang up on me. At times I just want to tell you how much I hold you dearly but it rings to my mind that you don't care.

Every now and then I want to send you crucial messages about your health  I recall the tones of paramount videos and texts I sent you and you never said thank you. I assumed you didn't see their relevance.

I crave asking you how you managed to win so many accolades but I get a poignant reminder of the past when you triggered tears to prick my eyelids by refusing to share with me what I needed most.

There are moments I wanted to gladden your spirit. I wanted to shut your eyes from behind but I looked back and saw the thousands of times you scolded me for comforting your spirit.

When I went to the market, I saw a beautiful dress that could fit you but enshrined memories of all the gifts I bought for you that ended up in the trash bag popped up.

At times I want to send my work to you but my revived thoughts of how you threw my papers away come on board. You pushed me away so many times.


From time to time I see you stranded and I always want to give you directions but when I think back the last time I did that you shouted at me disregarding all the good I was doing for you.

Ever and again I feel like advising you but I recall the last time I did, you summoned up everyone in the neighborhood. "She is a traitor!" You said.


Good people get tired. They get exhausted if not appreciated. Good people are rare and they go out of their way to make people they hold dearly happy. Being good drains if the good you do is not appreciated. Showing epitome tolerance and kindness are weary if all that goes without a 'thank you, I appreciate  '.

Comments

Popular Posts