My first perception of introverts!




( my first encounter with an introvert, let's call my female friend Aisha the first story.)

1st Story
  
ME: Why do you have to greet him? He shows no interest. Look at his face, it is as if he wants to fight you. Hands in the pocket, head down. See how he is evading eye contact.
(The boy was moving toward our way  unaccompanied from one of the lunchrooms.)
AISHA: Enough! The guy is really kind. And yes, I always greet him first.
ME: You are really defending him. Okay then, I am also like him. I won't greet!
AISHA: He is an introvert!
ME: And introverts don't greet?

That was my first clash with an introvert. I was then a second-year student at University.


Story number 2.

My cousin's sister was admitting his son to our university. Let's call the boy Ahmed.

Cousin: Ahmed will be admitted to your university. Take good care of him. Okay?

ME: Yes cousin.

All my friends had to know that my nephew was enrolling at our university. I went on securing a room for him at the school hostels before he reported. I asked some of my male buddies to keep him company and support him when he landed.

ME: Helen, I will be having a guest who will visit often next semester. I won't let my nephew feast on boring food from the mess.

When my nephew came things were really different. We had fewer conversations. He visited once in a while. He rarely went out on trips with us.
When we were almost closing due to the pandemic, we spent time together. I got to know him.

ME: Ahmed, do you really have friends?

AHMED: I do but I am introverted, I enjoy being alone. It doesn't disturb me a bit. If I don't like something nobody forces me to it. I only have long conversations with people I am used to...
ME: What do you do when you are alone. Don't you get bored?
AHMED: I'd watch a movie, read a book or go out for a walk.

We traveled back home on the same bus. Ahmed was just on his phone. In fact, he had reserved a VIP seat at the front. When he wasn't on the phone, he'd be on his laptop playing a video game. Whenever our eyes met he'd smile and got back to whatever he was doing.

ME: Ahmed I will take another road now, I will inform Helen to keep you company.

AHMED: No need aunt, I am okay. Bye!

Finally, I understood everything and now I have a couple of introverted friends. I think introverts are the best people to hang out with. They know themselves so well on the contrary extroverts may not easily know themselves because they spend most of their time around people. These guys speak their minds. You can trust them.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts