We don't need a title for this!


Did you see that grey, comfy couch before you came in? I want you to get your self comfortable in it. We have a refrigerator,  nothing is in there except water.(He opens the refrigerator) 
If you need a soft drink, I'll get one from the shop. Which is two blocks away.

By the way, my mother says, I am the only boy who happens to speak non stop. She nicknamed me parrot. What do you think?

Won't you talk non stop if you were me? 

Throws a pillow on another seat. 

I am the only child to my single mother. I am nineteen. I don't hangout with anyone, my mother thinks I might fall into drugs or get myself a girlfriend. Those paintings on the wall, I did that. When I have a lot of discussions in my head, they end up in paintings .

Grabs a book laying on the table. 

This blue novel is my current read-The other side of midnight.

He grabs a photo frame of her mother in a long sleeve pink dress, pink hijab and pink high heels. 


My mother is the head caregiver in the only public nursery school in this village .She has very few friends, she only goes out to vyamas, work, at times she goes to town for  house stuff.

She is forty, dark skin, and slim. She has a round baby face and big eyes . Very humorous and a fashion killer too. Students peep through the classroom windows every morning to see her fashionable arabic dressing .Every teacher has a nickname, hers is Madam hijabi. I think she likes it.

Moves to the kitchen, grabs a knife, six irish potatoes, green pepper, an onion and salt. 

 I will be in the kitchen, I will make you French fries omlette. I will shout so that you can hear me from here.
Hey!
He shouts. 
I like it when my mother isn't around.  That means I can cook peacefully without being reminded of how I should cook. She does that always, even if I have cooked a meal perfectly for several times.

I hope you still have the energy to listen to my story...


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts